Saturday, January 1, 2011

BLESSED ARE THEY


INTRODUCTION

Before retirement, I worked with persons with disabilities. What I admire most about those I know who have disabilities is their empathy, courage, persistence, patience, kindness, generosity, and dogged determination that their disability will not inhibit their lives or diminish their self-worth.

What I admire most about those who are related to a person living with a disability and those who advocate for them are their empathy, courage, persistence, patience, kindness, generosity, and dogged determination that our disabilities will not inhibit their lives or diminish their self-worth.

So in that light, I consider disability a gift. Persons with disabilities and those who care for them, are bound together with a common goal- that of encouraging all who are challenged not so much by disabilities but by the barriers of those who do not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment